Friday, April 11, 2014

Ramblings of a harmless madman

That spot where everything is 99.995% what it needs to be, and that extra 0.005% has such a high cost you can't justify it, but it still really bugs you.

I need (and have) dual displays that work fine for everything EXCEPT they aren't IPS so the colors are a little off when I do photo editing.

Now, I'm not a pro, I don't edit photos that often, and what I have now is completely useable... But it is still enough to annoy me. I can't spend ~$250 for two new IPS monitors that I will need for perhaps 20 minuets a year. And even if I do upgrade the difference for those 20 minuets is negligible. But it still bothers me.

Why does brain worry about such stoopid things? And then, of coarse(sp) I come up with solutions that would make it closer to reasonable, (through still a ways away) and that just encourages my brain to devote more resources to thinking about it.

And all this just leads to thinking about what is really wanted/needed and what one is trying to achieve and so on and so forth, and that really life isn't that bad, but what is the end goal? I don't see how the realization that increased material possessions won't give one happiness leads to enlightenment. It just means it is harder to get excited over stupid trivial stuff like a GPU that goes twice as fast but offers no actual improvement over the gaming experience.

Meh... I should go back to reading my MSE book. It is fun and interesting, but what is the point? Why bother to try to achieve money and power when you know it will just bring more disappointment and responsibility? Maybe I could change the world, but what gives me any more right to change it than anyone else? Would such an imbalance, even with the best intentions, not be oppression? And of all the fools, thinking that they knew better for their fellow man then their fellow man knew for themselves, have any not wrought grater disruption with their meddling than apathy ever could? Ah, but to live as a fool, ignorant of what destruction his creation might bring, and with too little power to ever harm another, that would be bliss. Yet still, I pity such a fool, for despite all the weakness that my strength brings, it is an important part of who I am that I would never surrender.

Well, about time for me to pull my head out of my ass. See you next time in:

Ramblings of a harmless madman!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment