Monday, November 11, 2013

Movie Monday: Death becomes her

Today's review is

Death becomes her

Status: watched.

Quick tip: It may have won the academy award for visual effects in 1992, but in 2013 it seems to have aged a bit less gracefully than Meryl Streep and Goldie Hawn. Slight Inebriation is recommended.

This movie throws me a bit off, mainly because Bruce Willis looks so damn old, (the early 90's getup could be the culprit) more so than in more recent movies (esp his surrogate in Surrogates) and I am never quite to sure if Meryl and Goldie are supposed to look young or old in each scene. I tend to like my dark humor a bit darker, but it got a few laughs out of me. I'm not sure why the reviews are so harsh, there is certainly nothing bad about it. There was one review about how amoral the movie was, but the moral of the story is that you shouldn't care so much about aging and you should just live a good life, so... Anyways it is a quick laugh, nothing to amazing but who cares?


Rating:  3/5 stars.
It is on netflicks,so why not watch it? (Grab some wine)

Written 2013-11-04

No comments:

Post a Comment